Consumer Directed Homecare
Consumer Directed Personal Services (CDPS) help people take control of their household and personal care needs. With the support of AccessCNY staff, CDPS participants screen, hire, train and supervise their personal assistants. This model provides individuals the opportunity to truly personalize their care, as they decide upon everything from their care schedule to the tasks their personal assistant complete.
AccessCNY serves as the fiscal intermediary for the program, which is an alternative to a traditional home care agency. Our staff not only handle human resources tasks such as payroll, but we provide support and training to both CDPS participants and personal assistants.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To participate in CDPS, you must:
- Be Medicaid eligible
- Be eligible for home care services, personal care services, or private duty nursing
- Require long-term assistance with home or personal care needs
- Be self-directing or have a designated representative who is willing and competent to assume the roles and responsibilities of the program
Almost anyone! Personal assistants can be a child, grandchild, friend, or neighbor – anyone except:
- The participant’s legal spouse
- The participant’s designated representative
- The parent of a participant under 21 years old
Personal assistants can help with a variety of personal care, hygiene, and household tasks such as:
Consumer directed care provides many benefits over the traditional home care model. By giving individuals direct control over who is coming into their home, the program helps avoid problems such as language barriers and inconsistent caregivers.
It’s no wonder that research shows that CDPS participants report feeling more satisfied with their quality of care, as their quality of life overall!
G. Joseph Gross
Associate Executive Director, Clinical Services and Consumer-Directed Personal Services