Berkana Crisis Respite
AccessCNY offers a crisis peer respite location at the Berkana House. This service, for adults 18 and over with mental health conditions or substance abuse issues, helps individuals create a recovery path in a supportive environment. The program serves individuals in crisis who do not currently need emergency services.
The Berkana program is focused on peer staff supports as the primary facilitators of the recovery process. Guests choose which services they wish to engage in. Peer staff offer the following supports:
- 24/7 peer support staffing
- Peers help connect participants to positive community supports
- Peers offer skill building in key recovery areas including conflict management, personal safety and healthy coping skills
- Staff will help facilitate a graceful exit to the Guest‘s stay at Berkana, providing connections to other AccessCNY mental health programs or other community organizations or spaces.
Program Manager- Berkana Crisis Respite
Phone: 315-437-3301 | Fax: 315-437-3301
In order to be a guest of Berkana Crisis Respite a person must be:
- 18 or older
- Have a mental health condition
- Resident of Central New York
Guests at the Berkana House can be recommended by:
- A Clinician
- The Mobile Crisis Team
- Law Enforcement
Ultimately the decision to stay at Berkana lies with the individual needing support.
Berkana is made possible in part by a grant from the Central New York Care Collaborative. Learn more at www.cnycares.org.