AccessCNY’s Environmental Modifications (aka E-Mods) program helps individuals make their homes and/or workplaces more accessible. Our adaptive technicians know that the proper accommodations can make daily living easier and allow for maximum independence.
E-Mods staff are available to evaluate a space, design a plan to make it more accessible and then oversee its construction. Past projects have included:
- Ramp construction and repairs
- Installation of custom-made grab bars
- Construction of custom, safer stairs
- Bathroom and kitchen modifications
- Installation of door and window alarms
To complete larger projects the adaptive technician may work with local contractors. If contractors are involved, the E-Mods staff will oversee the process from start to finish. This includes gathering cost estimates and overseeing construction to make sure the plans are executed safely and correctly.