Berkana House is an innovative short-term residential program that helps adults experiencing a mental health crisis.
While staying at Berkana each person receives their own private room and access to the shared living spaces. More importantly, guests have 24/7 access to our certified peer specialists- specially trained employees who have completed their own mental health journey and learned to use those experiences to help others. At Berkana, no one needs to worry about being judged; our staff can truly empathize.
During their stay Berkana guests can choose to take advantage of the following supports:
- Around the clock peer support
- Connection to community resources and support groups for long term support
- Help building necessary recovery skills including conflict management, personal safety and healthy coping skills
- Referral to other AccessCNY mental health programs
- 24/7 warmline support from peer staff by calling (315) 437-3300
Adults seeking mental health or substance abuse peer support services can call Berkana staff directly to begin the intake process and can stay at Berkana for up to seven continuous days.
If you or someone you know are in immediate danger of harm, please contact someone who can help right away.
- Call 911
- Call your doctor
- Chat online with a crisis counselor from the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or speak via phone at 1-800-273-8255
- Call the Liberty Resources Crisis Connect line at 315-251-0800 (Central New York only)