AccessCNY’s Community Support Services (CSS) helps adults with mental health diagnoses build confidence and comfort while being involved in the community.
With the help of CSS staff, each person starts the program by identifying both their strengths and the areas they would like to grow. Then participants and staff work together to set personal goals and develop a plan to:
- Build their own circle of support
- Boost mental and physical wellness
- Increase comfort when in community settings.
The CSS program can help with a wide range of goals, such as:
- Developing friendships
- Learning about transportation resources available to them
- Finding community activities they love
- Accessing nutrition and exercise programs to enhance physical health
- Learning healthy mental health coping skills such as meditation and mindfulness